Following the online symposium between Japan and the UK held last year, we will be holding another symposium titled “Responding to the continued waves of the COVID-19 pandemic – Reviewing the pandemic responses in Japan, UK and the rest of the world” this year. Since the COVID-19 is still evolving with the emergence of the Omicron variant, this ongoing pandemic continues to impact on our societies, highlighting the global differences in COVID-19 responses. Leading speakers in infectious disease control and public health will discuss the challenges and the lessons we learnt in the past two years.
“Bridging Japan-UK Online Symposium 2022 – Responding to the continued waves of the COVID-19 pandemic – Reviewing the pandemic responses in Japan, UK and the rest of the world”
- Date and Time: 6 March 2022, JST 17:00 – 20:00 / GMT 08:00 – 11:00
- Language: English (Simultaneous interpretation in Japanese available)
- Host: Nagasaki University School of Tropical Medicine and Global Health (Capacity of online attendees 500 max)
- Registration: Please register from the link below
Satellite Event: The WISE & LSHTM-Nagasaki Joint PhD Day
This event is specially organized for students and supervisors of Nagasaki University WISE Progamme including the students and supervisory team of the NU-LSHTM Joint PhD Progamme and for prospective students and supervisors of the Joint PhD programme. Please note that the medium of language will be in English only for this event.
- Date & Time: 7 March 2022, JST 17:00 – 20:00 / GMT 08:00 – 11:00
- Language: English
Further information about the programme can be found on our website (https://iscgh2022.jp/en/ ) All welcome.