Professor Christopher Smith
Speciality / Research theme / KeywordsInfectious diseases, reproductive health, digital health, primary care, systematic reviews
Masters ProgrammeDoctoral Programme
- School of Tropical Medicine and Global Health, Nagasaki University
- Department of Clinical Research, Faculty of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
The country/countries where you work currently
- United Kingdom
Five MOST IMPORTANT/INTERESTING recent publications
- Domai F, Agrupis K, Han S, Sayo A, Ramirez J, Nepomuceno R, Suzuki S, Villanueva A, Salva E, Villarama J, Ariyoshi K, Mulholland K, Palla L,Takahashi K, Smith C, Miranda E. Measles outbreak in the Philippines: epidemiological and clinical characteristics of hospitalized children, 2016-2019. The Lancet Regional Health – Western Pacific 2021;19: 100334
- Mukadi P, Munyeku Y, Neponuceno R, Palla L, Muyembe J, Koiume N, Kubo Y, Ariyoshi K, Smith C. Leptospirosis as a cause of fever associated with jaundice in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. PloS NTD.15(8): e0009670
- Edrada M, Lopez E, Villarama J, Villarama E, Dagoc B, Smith C, et al. First COVID-19 infections in the Philippines: a case report. Trop Med Health. 2020;48(21):1–7.
- Smith C, Ngo T, Gold G, Edwards P, Vannak U, Sokhey L, Machiyama K, Slaymaker E, Warnock R, McCarthy O, Free C. Effect of a mobile phone-based intervention on post-abortion contraception: a randomized controlled trial in Cambodia. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2015.
- Smith C, Gold J, Ngo T, Sumpter C, Free C. Mobile phone-based interventions for improving contraception use (Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;(6)