Professor Lay Myint Yoshida
Speciality / Research theme / KeywordsPediatric Infectious Diseases, pneumonia, dengue, HIV drug resistance,, tropical infectious diseases
M.B.B.S., M.Med.Sc., Ph.D
Personal/work Web page addresses
Research gate or Linked-in account links
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Department, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University
- 2016～up to now Professor, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University
- 2010～2016 Asso.Professor, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University2006-2010: Assist.Professor, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University
- 1999-2006: Research Fellow, AIDS Research Center, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo
- 1994-1999: Senior Researcher, Department of Medical Research, Myanmar
- 1990-1994: Medical Doctor, Yangon General Hospital, Yangon, Myanmar<
Occasionally give lectures and supervise for MTM, PhD students
Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine reduced dosing schedule study in Nha Trang VietnamPediatric Acute Respiratory Infection Surveillance in central Vietnam
Population based cohort study on infectious diseases in Nha Trang, central Vietnam
Birth cohort study in Nha Trang, central Vietnam
Evaluation of Hib vaccine effect on pneumonia in Vietnam
HIV drug resistant studies in Vietnam, Thailand and Japan
The country/countries where you work currently
Five MOST IMPORTANT/INTERESTING recent publications
- Yoshihara K, Le MN, Okamoto M, Wadagni AC, Nguyen HA, Toizumi M, Pham E, Suzuki M, Nguyen AT, Oshitani H, Ariyoshi K, Moriuchi H, Hashizume M, Dang DA, Yoshida LM*. Association of RSV-A ON1 genotype with Increased Pediatric Acute Lower Respiratory Tract Infection in Vietnam. Sci Rep. 2016 Jun 16;6:27856. doi: 10.1038/srep27856.
- Stefan Flasche, Kensuke Takahashi, Vu Dinh Thiem, Motoi Suzuki, Nguyen Thi Hien-Anh, Le HuuTho, Masahiro Hashizume, Dang Duc Anh, Karen Edmond, Koya Ariyoshi, Kim Mulholland, W. John Edmunds , Lay-Myint Yoshida. Early indication for a reduced burden of radiologically confirmed pneumonia in children following the introduction of routine vaccination against Haemophilus Influenzae type b in Nha Trang, Vietnam. Vaccine. 2014 Nov 1;32(51):6963-6970.
- Michiko Toizumi, Hideki Motomura,Hien Minh Vo, Kensuke Takahashi, Enga Pham, Hien Anh Thi Nguyen, Tho Huu Le,Masahiro Hashizume, Koya Ariyoshi, Duc Anh Dang, Hiroyuki Moriuchi, and Lay-Myint Yoshida. Mortality Associated With Pulmonary Hypertension in Congenital Rubella Syndrome. PEDIATRICS Volume 134, Number 2, August 2014. 2014 Jul 7. pii: peds.2013-4184.
- Lay-Myint Yoshida, Motoi Suzuki, Hien Anh Nguyen, Minh Nhat Le, Thiem Dinh Vu, Hiroshi Yoshino, Wolf-Peter Schmidt, Thi Thuy Ai Nguyen, Huu Tho Le, Konosuke Morimoto, Hiroyuki Moriuchi, Duc Anh Dang, and Koya Ariyoshi. Respiratory syncytial virus, its co-infection and paediatric lower respiratory infections. European Respiratory Journal. 2013 Aug;42(2):461-9.
- Lay-Myint Yoshida, Hien-Anh Nguyen, Kiwao Watanabe, Minh Nhat Le, Ai Thi Thuy Nguyen, Huong Thi Thu Vu, Hiroshi Yoshino, Motoi Suzuki, Kensuke Takahashi, ThoHuu Le, Hiroyuki Moriuch, Paul E. Kilgore, Karen Edmond, Kim Mulholland, Duc-Anh Dang, and Koya Ariyoshi. Incidence of Radiologically Confirmed Pneumonia and Haemophilus influenzae Type b Carriage before Haemophilus influenzae Type b Conjugate Vaccine Introduction in Central Vietnam. Journal of Pediatrics. 2013. Jul;163(1 Suppl):S38-43.
Severe pediatric infectious diseases such as pneumonia, diarrhea and dengue are the main cause of under-five mortality and morbidity globally. These can be prevented by preventive measures such as vaccines, and early recognition and treatment of risk groups. We conduct population based cohort and intervention studies to provide better preventive measure and treatment for sever pediatric infectious diseases in the tropics.