Professor and Dean Kiyoshi Kita
Speciality / Research theme / KeywordsTropical Medicine, Molecular Parasitology, Biochemistry
SupervisionMasters ProgrammeDoctoral Programme
PhD (Pharmacy), Pharmacist
Personal/work Web page addresses
I was educated at Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Tokyo, and gradated in 1980. I joined Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Tokyo as assistant professor (1980 – 1983), and moved to Department of Parasitology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine (1983). Later, I was promoted to lecturer (1987-1990). Then, promoted to associate professor of Department of Parasitology, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo (1991-1998). In 1998, I was appointed as Professor Department of Biomedical Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo and retired in 2016. In 2015, I was appointed as Dean of TMGH by cross-appointment system between The University of Tokyo and Nagasaki University.
Giving lectures (Biochemistry of metabolism, Drug development and Molecular Parasitology) in Nagasaki University and other Universities.
Biochemistry of metabolism of pathogens and drug development.
The country/countries where you work currently
Japan, Central and South America, Southeast Asia, Africa, USA and Europe.
Five MOST IMPORTANT/INTERESTING recent publications
- In silico, in vitro, X-ray crystallography, and integrated strategies for discovering spermidine synthase inhibitors for Chagas disease. Yoshino, R., Yasuo, N., Hagiwara, Y., Ishida, T., Inaoka, D.K., Amano, Y., Tateishi, Y., Ohno, K., Namatame, I., Niimi, T., Orita, M., Kita, K., Akiyama, Y. & Sekijima, M. (2017) Sci. Rep. 7, 6666
- Expression, purification, and crystallization of type 1 isocitrate dehydrogenase from Trypanosoma brucei brucei. Wang, X., Inaoka, D.K., Shiba T., Balogun, E.O., Allmann, S., Watanabe, Y., Boshart, M., Kita, K. & Harada, S. (2017) Protein Expr. Purif. 138, 56-62
- Glycerol kinase of African trypanosomes possesses an intrinsic phosphatase activity. Balogun, E.O., Inaoka, D.K., Shiba, T., Tokuoka, S.M., Tokumasu, F., Sakamoto, K., Kido, Y., Michels, P.A.M., Watanabe, Y., Harada, S. & Kita K.
(2017) Biochim. Biophys. Acta (General Subjects) 1861, 2830-2842
- Biochemical studies of membrane bound Plasmodium falciparum mitochondrial L-malate:quinone oxidoreductase, a potential drug target. Hartuti, E.D., Inaoka, D.K., Komatsuya, K., Miyazaki, Y., Miller, R.J., Xinying, W., Sadikin, M., Prabandari, E.E., Waluyo, D., Kuroda, M., Amalia, E., Matsuo, Y., Nugroho, N.B., Saimoto, H., Pramisandi, A., Watanabe, Y., Mori, M., Shiomi, K., Balogun, E.O., Shiba, T., Harada, S., Nozaki, T. & Kita K. (2018) Biochim. Biophys. Acta (Biogentics) 1859, 191-200.
- Ubiquinone binding site of yeast NADH dehydrogenase revealed by structures binding novel competitive- and mixed-type inhibitors. Yamashita, T., Inaoka, D.K., Shiba, T., Oohashi, T., Iwata, S., Yagi, T., Kosaka, H., Miyoshi, H., Harada, S., Kita, K. & Hirano, K. (2018) Sci. Rep. 8, 2427
Contribution from basic research in Japan to the health and wellfare of the people in the world.