相賀 裕嗣 教授
School of Tropical Medicine and Global Health, Nagasaki University
NEKKEN, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University
- PhD. The University of Tokyo (Human Resources for Health), Tokyo, JAPAN.
- MSc. The University of Tokyo (Environmental Health), Tokyo, JAPAN.
- M.Eng. (ABD) Waseda University (Inorganic polymer chemistry), Tokyo, JAPAN.
- B.Eng. Waseda University (Functional polymer chemistry), Tokyo, JAPAN.
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Senior Adviser on Health and Nutrition, Tokyo, JAPAN.
- Ministry of Health, Maternal & Child Health Dept, Chief Adviser for MCH Project, Hanoi, VIETNAM.
- World Health Organization (WHO), HIV/AIDS Dept, Senior Epidemiologist, Geneva, SWITZERLAND.
- World Health Organization (WHO), Global Health Workforce Alliance, Coordinator, Geneva, SWITZERLAND.
- World Food Programme (WFP), Emergency Food Security Assessment Services, Senior Programme Adviser, Rome, ITALY.
- The George Washington University (GWU), School of Public Health & Health Services, Adjunct Professor, Washington DC, USA.
- Ministry of Health, Human Resource Development Specialist for HRH Project, Accra, GHANA.
- Engineering Consulting Firms Association (ECFA), Research Division, Director & Principal Researcher, Tokyo, JAPAN.
- International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Russian Far-East Delegation, Regional Logistic & Relief Delegate, Khabarovsk, RUSSIAN FEDERATION.
- International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Central Asian Regional Delegation, Regional Logistic & Relief Delegate, Almaty, KAZAKHSTAN.
- World Health Organization (WHO), Western Pacific Regional Office, Environmental Health Division, Research Officer, Manila, THE PHILIPPINES.
- Zorzor Rural Teachers Training Institute (ZRTTI), Science Dept, Chair, Fissebu, LIBERIA.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Public High Schools, Science Teacher, Tokyo, JAPAN.
- Kitasato University, School of Medical Sciences, Sagamihara, JAPAN (Global health).
- The University of Tokyo, School of International Health, Tokyo, JAPAN (Global health).
- University of Geneva, School of Medicine, Geneva, SWITZERLAND (Health workforce development).
- The George Washington University (GWU), Washington DC, USA (Global health and health system).
- Yokohama National University, School of International Social Sciences, Yokohama, JAPAN (International development).
- Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, School of Agriculture, Tokyo, JAPAN (Food security policy).
- Zorzor Rural Teachers Training Institute (ZRTTI), Fissebu, LIBERIA (Calculus, chemistry, physics and child development).
- Japanese School of Accra, Accra, GHANA (Mathematics).
- Sunagawa Public High School, Tokyo, JAPAN (Chemistry and general science).
- Shinozaki Public High School, Tokyo, JAPAN (Chemistry).
- Health workforce development: Specialized in policy analysis on health workforce development. Managed, supervised, and advised on national health workforce policies and systems in Cambodia, DRC, Fiji, Ghana, Tonga, Vietnam and Vanuatu.
- Household food security and nutrition: Specialized in household food security measurement and nutrition surveys. Contributed to development of international guidelines for food security estimation. Designed, managed and conducted food security, nutrition, and mortality surveys in DRC, India, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique and Sudan.
- Epidemiology of infectious diseases: Specialized in epidemiology of diarrheal diseases and Neglected Tropical Diseases (e.g. Chagas disease and Buruli ulcer). Conducted epidemiologic studies in El Salvador, Ghana, Honduras and the Philippines.
- Maternal and child health: Specialized in home-based records (HBRs) for maternal and child health. Estimated the impact of HBRs on health seeking behaviors in Angola, Mozambique and Vietnam and conducted a review on HBR implementation realities.
- Health information systems: Specialized in both population-based and facility-based health information systems (HISs). Managed, supervised and advised on health management information systems (HMISs) and disease-specific information/surveillance systems in Ethiopia, Guatemala, Indonesia, Pakistan and South Africa.
- Aiga H (2020) Adapting health workforce density threshold to WHO new antenatal care guidelines. Lancet. 395 (10217) 27.
- Aiga H, Abe K, Andrianome VN, Randriamampionona E, Razafinombana RA, Murai T, Hara M. (2019) Risk factors for malnutrition among school-aged children: A cross-sectional study in rural Madagascar. BMC Public Health. 19 (1): 773.
- Osaki K, Aiga H. (2019) Adapting home-based records for maternal and child health to uses’ capacities. Bull World Health Organ. 97 (4): 296-305.
- Aiga H, Nguyen DV, Nguyen DC, Nguyen TTT, Nguyen TPL. (2016) Fragmented implementations of maternal and child health home-based records in Vietnam: Need for an integration. Global Health Action 9 (2):29924.
- Aiga H. (2015) Hidden out-of-pocket payments can burden patients’ families but are under-recognised. BMJ. 351. H4990.
Having been bearing global health as one of practical sciences in mind, I worked at a variety of organizations both as a practitioner and as a researcher. Throughout my professional career, I have learned that practicing and researching are key two wheels of a vehicle that takes us to healthier and more productive world. My research interests are diverse, yet likely focused more on health system strengthening. I look forward to doing research with you not only on important global health agenda but also on neglected global health issues, for identifying their effective and feasible solutions in an evidenced-based manner.