Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office
- TMGH IRB will review research proposals from faculty members and students, which involves human subjects (e.g. human data, tissue, microorganisms, DNA, and genetics) within and outside Japan.
- Applicants must submit the application form with all the documents needed to the IRB office in General Affairs Section.
Schedule for Review
*The IRB meeting will be held bimonthly (in even-numbered months).
*Due is noon (JST) on the following date:
|Deadline for Application
|Monday, 11 April 2022|
|Monday, 13 June 2022|
|Monday, 8 August 2022|
|Tuesday, 11 October 2022|
|Monday, 12 December 2022|
|Monday, 13 February 2023|
*It is strongly recommended to comply with the ‘Ethical Guidelines for Bioscience, Medical and Health Research Involving Human Subjects (March 2021, jointly issued from the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, and Ministry of Economy, Japan).
*The applicant may discuss directly with the dean of the school, when it is considered necessary to implement the research urgently in order to prevent public health-related harm from occurring or spreading.
- Ethics Application for Research Proposal
All the attached documents should be integrated into one PDF file, while this ethics application should be submitted in form of MS-Word.
Therefore, submitted documents will be only two – this application and the combined document.
Otherwise the application may not be accepted.
- Research Progress/Completion Report
The Principal Investigator who got ethical approval at TMGH IRB is required to:
-Submit an annual study progress report to the IRB Committee, by using “Research Progress/Completion Report”form.
-Report to the IRB Committee its completion/ termination of the research by using “Research Progress/Completion Report” form.
- Application Form for Research Implementation
Submit this application form with a report from the ethics committee, an approved research protocol, and necessary appendices to receive a permission to implement the ethically approved research.