Assistant Professor Toshihiko Sunahara
Speciality / Research theme / KeywordsMedical Entomology, Ecology
Programme directorMasters ProgrammeDoctoral Programme
TMGH Master course, Three-month Tropical Medicine course
Population ecology of mosquitoes
The country/countries where you work currently
Five MOST IMPORTANT/INTERESTING recent publications
- Sunahara T. 2019. Effects of filling catch basins with Mosquito Eliminating Mat on mosquito populations. Medical Entomology and Zoology (in press) [Japanese]
- Sunahara T. 2019. Extremely high biting densities of Aedes albopictus (Skuse)(Diptera: Culicidae) at a university campus in Nagasaki, Japan. Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases (in press)
- Imanishi N, Higa Y, Teng HJ, Sunahara T, Minakawa N. 2018. Identification of Three Distinct Groups of in Japan by Morphological and Genetic Analyses. Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases 71(6): 427-435.
- Sunahara T 2018. Simulation Study of the Effects of Host Availability on Bite Rate of Aedes albopictus (Skuse) (Diptera: Culicidae) and Risk of Dengue Outbreaks in Non-Endemic Areas. Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases 71(1): 28-32.
- Chadeka EA, Nagi S, Sunahara T, Cheruiyot NB, Bahati F, Ozeki Y, Inoue M, Osada-Oka M, Okabe M, Hirayama Y, Changoma M, Adachi K, Mwende F, Kikuchi M, Nakamura R, Kalenda YDJ, Kaneko S, Hirayama K, Shimada M, Ichinose Y, Njenga SM, Matsumoto S, Hamano S. 2017. Spatial distribution and risk factors of Schistosoma haematobium and hookworm infections among schoolchildren in Kwale, Kenya. PLoS Neglected Tropical Disieses 11(9): e0005872
Read the literatures related with your interest. Understand the scientific background and specify what has not been done (although it is important). Establish your study question and think of the methods to solve it. Then, 70% of your research is completed. These steps before experiments / field study is very important for your research.