A position for a Research Assistant or Research Fellow with experience in epidemiological or clinical research in infectious diseases and or nutrition.Registration dead line to be on 30th April, 2019.
Research Assistant /Research Fellow
Institution: School of Tropical Medicine and Global Health (TMGH), Nagasaki University, Japan
A research assistant/fellow with experience in epidemiological or clinical research in infectious diseases and or nutrition is required to support the implementation of on-going TB research studies and the development of new studies in the Philippines with Professor Sharon Cox (jointly appointed to Nagasaki University and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK) partnered with the Nutrition Centre Philippines. This includes a multisite outpatient cohort study following TB outpatients throughout their course of anti-TB treatment, phase 2 of an inpatient TB cohort at San Lazaro Hospital in Manila and further projects in the planning phase. The position will be based full or part-time (negotiable and partly dependent on skill set) in the Nagasaki University – San Lazaro Collaborative Research Office, Manila, the Philippines with travel within the Philippines.
- MSc or PhD in a relevant topic
- Clinical qualification in home country, especially with infectious diseases specialist training or nutrition/clinical dietetics.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated, project/team management skills, preferably of health care professionals.
- Work experience in low-middle income countries, preferably involving epidemiological or clinical research
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Experience in database design and management, preferably Open Data Kit, DHIS-2, OpenClinica or MySQL.
- Data analysis skills
- Good scientific writing skills
For more information please contact: sharoncox☆nagasaki-u.ac.jp（☆→＠） with “research assistant/fellow enquiry” in the subject header.